Student Enrichment Grants
(up to $2,000/Student/Year) provide funds for students in grades K-12 to participate in experiences that extend beyond the classroom. The experiences may include but are not limited to the following:
- Tuition and fees for 5th grade students to participate in Camp Grady Spruce
- Summer academies such as debate, fine arts, leadership, math, science, robotics, NASA Space Camp, SAT/ACT, etc.
- Tuition/books for dual credit courses
- Transportation assistance for career and technology students who take classes in Denton ISD
Instructional Enhancement Grant
(up to $10,000 /District; up to $5,000/Campus; up to $4,500 Team of Teachers; up to $1,500 /Individual Teacher) provide funds that address specific priorities aligning with the District’s instructional goals. Funding may be for instructional activities that include but are not limited to the following:
- Equipment, supplies, and software programs in all academic classes
- Gifted and Talented curriculum
- Activities that promote student engagement and learning at all levels.
Professional development refers to skills and knowledge attained for both personal development and career advancement. Professional development opportunities will range from a single workshop to a week-long content area seminar, to services offered by a medley of different professional development providers and varying widely with respect to the philosophy, content, and format of the learning experiences. The new skills gained by the instructional staff will promote student achievement and student engagement in learning.
Initiatives Grant Application
All applications need to be hand delivered or mailed 45 days prior to needing payment to:
Ponder Education Foundation
400 West Bailey Street
Ponder, TX 76259